Saturday 12 December 2015

12/12/2015 - new Monroe 4x4 Adventure shocks, 50mm raise, new springs, ready for 30 day trip!

So my final major modification, 4 x 4 Monroe Adventure shock upgrades all around, is done. It was not cheap, but well worth the hit to my Visa card (will pay off when the next bill comes!).   I got the following mods done to my van:



a) Monroe 4x4 Adventure Shocks (4x)










b) My van was raised by 50mm (2") in the rear and 25mm (1" in the front)







c) Loads more clearance under the back 2/3 of the  van now! 



















d) Risers on the rear axel
e) Removed my extra "fancy 4WD" step bumper from the left side to avoid getting high grounded in rocky condition. I still have the step inside the van! 





Besides going a food shopping trip just before I leave on the trip to fill my 41L fridge, the van has been fully modified is ready for anything (more or less).    My next blog entry will be for the first day of the trip or just afterwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment